Among the new products announced at Photokina, Sigma have this 28mm F/1.4 ‘Art’ series lens.
This increasingly respected line will get the new member in January next year, but as usual with Sigma, we await pricing details.
Here we go with the official details:
SIGMA 28mm F1.4 DG HSM
The most-anticipated lens for wide-angle prime enthusiasts, now available from SIGMA’s Art line.
- Best-in-class performance
- Designed to meet all shooting conditions
- SIGMA’s industry-leading wide-angle collection
Accessories: Case, Petal Type Hood with lock (LH828-01) Available AF mounts: SIGMA, Nikon, Canon, Sony E-mount Note: Appearance and specifications are subject to change without notice.
#sigma28mmArt #sigmaArt #sigma
The classical angle of view with the latest lens design
28mm angle of view used to be a representative wide-angle in the era of film cameras, and attracts many fans even today. To accommodate the request from many photographers who expressed the strong interest in using the familiar 28mm with Art line quality, SIGMA produces the SIGMA 28mm F1.4 DG HSM | Art, based on the know-how gained through development of the Art F1.4 prime lens lineup released so far. This newest traditional wide-angle lens, advantaged by the latest design and materials, as well as the processing technologies, is now available from SIGMA’s Art line.
1. Best-in-class performance
This lens incorporates two FLD (“F” Low Dispersion) glass elements and three SLD (Special Low Dispersion) glass elements. In addition, it effectively arranges three aspherical lenses, including a large-diameter aspherical lens to provide thorough correction of magnification chromatic aberration —encountered particularly in wide-angle lenses. This offers high resolution over the entire sensor, while sagittal coma flare is thoroughly corrected and distortion is also minimized to the fullest. Excellent performance is delivered in street photography, as well as shooting landscapes and night skies.
2. Designed to meet all shooting conditions
The water- and oil-repellent coating on the front lens element, together with the dust- and splash-proof structure, ensures excellent performance even in the most challenging shooting conditions.Thehigh-speedAF,thankstotheHSM(HyperSonic Motor) with an updated algorithm, captures instantaneous photography movement.
3. SIGMA’s industry-leading wide-angle collection
With the launch of this lens, the lineup of large-diameter wide-angle prime lenses compatible with 35mm full-frame has expanded to five, ranging from 14mm to 35mm. All lenses except for 14mm have an F1.4 brightness (F1.8 for 14mm), enabling photographers to choose the angle of view that best suits them, process attractive bokeh in the background, and capture their imagination.
- Hood with lock
- Compatible with Canon Lens Aberration Correction
*Function not available on all Canon cameras. Further, available corrections may vary by Canon camera model.
- Nikon electromagnetic diaphragm mechanism included
- Manual Override(MO) capable of switching two full-time manual modes*By setting it to the MO position, it switches to manual focus by rotating the focus ring even during continuous AF. Using the optional SIGMA USB DOCK, it is possible to adjust the MO position’s sensitivity to switch to manual focus.
- Compatible with SIGMA MOUNT CONVERTERMC-11
- Compatible with SIGMAUSBDOCK*Not available for Sony E-mount lens
- Available Mount Conversion Service
- Designedt ominimizef lare and ghosting
- Evaluation with SIGMA’ sown MTF measuring system:A1
- High-precision,rugged brass bayonet mount
- “Made in Japan”craftsmanshipFor more information about the SIGMA GLOBAL VISION lineup of fine products, please visit the official SIGMA global website:
SIGMA GLOBAL VISION: http://www.sigma-global.com/en/lenses/
【Specifications】All figures calculated for SIGMA
Lens Construction: 17 elements in 12 groups|Angle of view (35mm): 75.4°| Number of diaphragm blades: 9 (rounded diaphragm)|Minimum aperture: F16| Minimum focusing distance: 28cm / 11in.|
Maximum magnification ratio: 1:5.4 | Filter size: ø 77mm|
Dimensions (diameter x length): ø82.8mm x 107.7mm / ø3.3in. x 4.2in.|Weight: TBD