Canon have updated its cloud based image management system ‘irista’.
I have not used it myself, but it sounds like a nice developing concept.
Here we go with the details:
| Every image, everywhere: Canon’s latest irista updates go live
United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland, 29 January 2015 – Canon today goes live with exciting new updates to its cloud-based image management service, irista, making it more user-friendly than ever before. The features going live are part of the next development phase of the platform and include an optimised user experience for tablets, as well as the ability to order high quality photo books directly from irista. Alongside the feature updates, Canon also today unveils new pricing for the irista subscription tiers, giving photography enthusiasts increased storage.
Feature upgrades – providing an optimised, user-friendly experience
The features going live today are:
· Adobe® Lightroom® integration: Edit images directly in Lightroom, which stores and synchronises the edited versions on your irista account, maintaining a single place to store all your photos. Lightroom users will also find their photos with XMP data in irista, ensuring images can easily be filtered.
· Multi-device ready: Compatible with the most popular iOS and Android tablets, the user experience has now been enhanced to make all of irista’s functionality easily accessible on tablet devices.
· Photo books at the touch of a button: Create and order stunning HD photo books directly from irista. Simply filter your favourite images and create a book within irista, all via your web browser. You’ll receive a beautiful, premium quality photo book, allowing you to enjoy your photos time and time again.
New pricing – increased storage for photography enthusiasts
The irista updates are accompanied by a pricing refresh for the subscription tiers, which increases the storage options at all levels. The updated free tier now offers 15GB of cloud storage space – with full irista functionality. Advanced enthusiasts or professional users with larger image libraries can now get 200GB and 500GB tiers available for a monthly or annual cost.
Updated irista subscription tiers are as follows:
· Up to 15GB: No cost, full functionality
· Up to 200GB: £4.49/€4.99 per month, or £45.00/€49.00 per year
· Up to 500GB: £9.99/€10.99 per month, or £99.00/€109.00 per year
Additional storage can also be purchased at £35.00/€39.00 per year for 100GB, £65.00/€69.00 per year for 500GB and £99.00/€109.00 per year for 1TB.
The updated irista service is now live, sign up by visiting: www.irista.com